[techtalk] Dual boot machine

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Fri Mar 9 23:11:34 EST 2001

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 08:44:06PM -0600, Vinnie wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, A Kozic wrote:
>
> > Although I managed (with plenty help) to get linux onto my
> > previously-windows-only laptop, I am now stumped.
>
> which windows?
>
> the LDP used to have a number (greater than five, even) of howtos dealing
> with multi-booting..now there seems to be a much smaller number, and I
> don't like them as much..hmmph.
>
> whine whine...

<flame scale="mini">
Don't whine, help.
</flame>

I think you need the Loadlin+Win95/98/ME mini-HOWTO, which is at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Loadlin+Win95-98-ME.html also.

> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Multiboot-with-LILO.html
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+Win95/index.html
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+DOS+Win95+OS2.html
>
> between the three I think all the info you'd need(assuming windows 95/98,
> and only one hard drive, and lilo) is there...

That's right, and the Linux+Win95/98 was just updated a week or two
ago.

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

"The eleventh commandment was `Thou Shalt Compute' or `Thou Shalt Not
Compute' -- I forget which."
		-- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982