[Techtalk] IDS Notification Methods

Kath kath at kathweb.net
Sat Jun 9 16:43:25 EST 2001

I have heard of this before and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for more information.

When an intrusion is detected using an IDS (snort, portsentry, whatever), is it possible to have the system page you (on a beeper) to notify you something is amiss?

Also, I'd like it only to notify me depending on what is done, not for every tom, dick and harry script kiddie who just got his first version of nmap and ran "nmap -sT whatever.com" (IE, only serious intrusions and problems).

Any links/ideas/howtos?

- Kath