[techtalk] simple question on technical training

Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov
Tue Jun 19 13:53:42 EST 2001

Hi,

My company insists that you pay for your own training, but if you get it
approved in advance they reimburse 100% of the cost.  They also reimburse
for certification testing, provided you pass.  They have an approved CBT
vendor, and if the class is available that way you really need to justify
doing anything else.  For something like an RHCE certification it's no
problem to just go to Red Hat.  One woman on my team is there this week.

Yes, I understand laying out the cash is a problem for some people, but at
least my company is very fast to reimburse, so if you put it on a credit
card you'll likely have your check before the bill is due.  They totally
encourage training, which I think is very, very cool.

All the best,
Caity