[techtalk] xinetd and tcp_wrappers

Brian Sweeney bsweeney at physics.ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 14 09:50:21 EST 2001

It is compiled against libwrap in 7.1; in fact, you have to pass it an
option to ignore the tcpwrappers functionality if you want it to, like the
following:

service finger
{
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = nobody
        server          = /usr/sbin/in.fingerd
        disable         = yes # --> This actually disables the
service...don't put this in unless that's what you want to do!
        flags           = NOLIBWRAP # This is the line to disable
tcpwrapper.  Without this, it will by default check with hosts.allow and
hosts.deny  I believe you can also specify the tcpd in the server line above
same as inetd if you like.
}

Good luck!

-Brian