[techtalk] system administration responsibilities question

Jill Cote year2099 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 07:33:37 EST 2001

My experience:
 Well I am a sys admin for a smaller company, the sole responsibilty of all, but we do have 6 servers, one of which is a web
server running various sites.   We do little DB "stuff", but when we have I have only resposible that the OS and Web server is
running and that the DB can talk to the Web server and if need be the SMTP services is working on the web server if they
send out html email.  But the web developer have been responsible for the developement and maintenece of the DB itself and
web pages, cgi...  I think these type of situations are subjective to its environment.  Because typically a web master is
responsible for "nuts and bolts"-server, services, development.
Good Luck!  JC