[techtalk] Re: Rotating apache logs

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Mon Jun 4 14:41:49 EST 2001

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 09:30:39AM -0700, Seageraves Caren wrote:
> David,
>
> Sorry to be reqponding so late here, but even late, I
> feel I need to suggest using cronolog to rotate you
> apache logs rather than cron + logrotate.
> (http://www.ford-mason.co.uk/resources/cronolog/)
>
> Cronolog has worked really well for us.  When we used
> log rotate we had problems if our servers eperienced
> significant load when the logs were rotated.

Is that the only problem you had? If so, I'll stick with what I have.
It works. :-)

And, this is just my personal web site with some resources used by the
LDP staff. So, a big load is not an issue for me. It just doesn't
happen.

Thanks for the info, though. If I ever have problems due to load,
which is conceivable since I just started mirroring the LDP as well,
then I will look at cronolog.