[techtalk] cable modem & gateway

Kelly McQuarrie kellyunixsa at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 21:07:31 EST 2001

Hello all:

I've been on this mail list for a couple of weeks but
this is the first time I've needed to ask a question
and I'm always so behind on my email that I can nevery
answer any questions (they've always already been
answered.)  I can't answer that many anyway.

Anyway greetings all 8)

I need help.  I'm trying to set up a cable modem with
my redhat 7.1 box as a gateway.

I'm getting an error everytime I get a packet from the
cable modem...

Jun 2 20:47:07 localhost kernel: eth0: (13) System
Error Occured

the (13) represents the number of times I've received
the error.

Any ideas?  I've never done this before so don't be
afraid of suggesting the obvious.

Thx
-Kelly