[techtalk] Opinion needed on Mail Clients

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Fri Jun 1 10:00:07 EST 2001

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 03:51:01PM +1000 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Claudine Chionh thought:
> Hi Michelle and others,
>
> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 12:24:05PM -0700, Michelle Dukich <michelledukich at yahoo.com> scripsit,
> > I am on the quest for a mail client that is not going
> > to make me work so hard to make it work.
>
> What other mail clients (whatever OS) have you used in the past?
> It might make the difference in how much more you have to learn
> or having to change old habits.
>
> Personally, my response is always: Use Mutt.
> Need a GUI?  Use Mutt-in-xterm.
> Stuck with Windows?  Use Mutt under Cygwin.

:-)

> Searching: You can use regular expressions to search mail indexes.
> I don't think there is any facility to search within message bodies
> (except one at a time), but you could just grep the mailboxes.

<ESC> b

Works for mbox folders, don't know about maildir but I suspect so.  Don't
think it'll work over IMAP though

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)
Faenor.cod.ie
  9:53am  up 12 days, 22:02,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.09, 0.11
Hobbiton.cod.ie
  9:58am  up 11 days, 22:59,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00