[techtalk] File sharing over the internet

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Sat Jul 7 10:01:35 EST 2001

kath wrote:

> Is there anyway for all of us to sync files easily?  The closest thing I
> can describe how I'd like to do this is MS Frontpage extensions (But of
> course, not that).  I'd prefer everything to be done in real time (maybe
> thats not the right term... I mean that all of us are using the freshest
> copy from the server with nothing local except for images waiting to go
> up to the server).

This looks like the sort of problem that CVS (concurrent versioning
system) was designed to solve.

If you're familiar with CVS, that's probably enough answer. If not,
please say something & I (or someone else) can give you a quickie
CVS tutorial - and/or tell you the range of CVS-like options.

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/