[techtalk] bad display name in "add" command

Jennifer Hamilton jhamilto at N2H2.com
Tue Jul 31 09:11:27 EST 2001

Tricia,

Thanks for the response! I had done that, but it wasn't too helpful
since I think it's a problem with X, not with cvs. Here's the output
with the -t option:

[cvsuser at attila test_module]$ cvs -t update -A
cvs update: notice: main loop with
CVSROOT=:ext:jhamilto at cvstest.ops.n2h2.com:/cvsroot
 -> Starting server: ssh cvstest.ops.n2h2.com -l jhamilto cvs server
jhamilto at cvstest.ops.n2h2.com's password:
/usr/bin/X11/xauth: (stdin):1:  bad display name "cvstest:10.0" in "add"
command
S-> unlink(CVS/Tag)
 -> unlink(CVS/Tag)
S-> unlink(./CVS/Tag)
 -> unlink(CVS/Tag)
cvs server: Updating .
S-> unlink(CVS/Tag)
 -> unlink(CVS/Tag)
S-> rename(CVS/Entries.Backup,CVS/Entries)
S-> unlink(CVS/Entries.Log)

Where do X11 error messages get logged to? There's nothing in
/var/log/messages or any of the standard error logs.

Thanks,
Jen