[techtalk] Linux IDE/editor with FTP support?

markthegeek at canada.com markthegeek at canada.com
Sat Jul 28 07:37:53 EST 2001

I am looking for an IDE or editor for Linux. I have looked just about everywhere I can think of (freshnmeat, download.com, etc) and none of them seem to be what I am looking for.

Syntax highlighting and other features are nice, but what I am really looking for is the ability to save/retrive files from FTP sites via the editor. I am willing to settle for a plain-vanilla editor as long as it would have the save/retrive via FTP ability.

On the Windows platform I would typically use something like UltraEdit for this purpose. I know that running UltraEdit under wine has been done, but I would rather not if I don't have to.

Does anyone know of anything that would fulfil my needs? Thanks in advance.