[techtalk] file sharing?

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Thu Jul 26 13:04:38 EST 2001

Okay, well without some sort of media connecting both machines (Network,
serial transfer, dialup, whatever) you cant physically get the files from A
to B. :P

Thus you'll either need network cards in both machines - and presuming they
use UTP cabling, a crossover network cable, where upon you can do as I
suggested,
or,
You get some sort of hub, and do the above but with patch cables to the hub,
or,
You do the above but with two nics in the linux box, and run ipmasq to get
your windows box on the internet...

Failing network solutions, there are ways of simulating a PPP connection
over serial cable, so im told..
But basically networking the machines is by far the easiest way.