[techtalk] file sharing?

markthegeek at canada.com markthegeek at canada.com
Wed Jul 25 17:39:54 EST 2001

On Wed, 25 July 2001, Mark Foster wrote:

> The way I do it; FTP :)
> Havnt bothered with Samba.
>
> For irregular transfers, FTP is plenty. Install the FTP daemon on your
> linux machine and use an ftp client on the windows one...

Thank you for the advise, but how do I do an FTP between two machines that are sharing one internet connection that doesn't have a router or hub? :) Of course I could use a dial-up account with NetZero or whatever on the Windows machine to send via FTP, but that wouldn't work too well with 30-40 meg files and 1 phone line for voice and data :)

Unless of course I can somehow FTP through a local network that was conencted via the two network cards...
but I'm not 100% clear how to do that.

~Mark