[techtalk] strangs apache log

Brian Sweeney bsweeney at physics.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 17 08:48:02 EST 2001

Hmm, sounds like someone's using you as a proxy server. Do you have
mod_proxy running?  On purpose?  ;-)  I discovered this little "feature" in
my company's webserver not too long ago.  Whoever had set it up had turned
on proxy requests with no restrictions, so I found that I was proxying
rather interesting material to a bunch of folks in Japan and Germany.

In any case, look for a "ProxyRequests On" line, and comment it out if you
don't want it there.  You might want to just comment out the AddModule and
LoadModule lines as well, just for the heck of it.

Good luck,
Brian