[techtalk] Video Cards?

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Fri Jul 13 15:54:31 EST 2001

Forgive if this is a duplicate - I didn't see it arrive.
Hi,

I still have my X problems, and after looking into, and trying just
about everything, I've come to the conclusion that the only way that
I'm going to figure this out, and fix it, is to try another video
card.

I don't happen to have one handy, and I'm beginning to think about
building another box, so having an extra one is not a problem. I
don't want to spend more than, say, $100-125, since I'm not going to
be doing any serious video work - and my LCD monitor has an upper
resolution of 1024 anyway.

I want a card that is fully supported by XFree86 4.x, and is a
no-brainer configuration.

Suggestions? I'd prefer PCI, although I've got an AGP slot. I've
never understood the advantages/disadvantages of either.

Thanks!

Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain