[techtalk] Video/Net Cam for conferencing

Subba Rao subba9 at home.com
Fri Jul 6 10:59:09 EST 2001

Hello,

I would like to setup Video conferencing on Linux. It is running 2.2.19 kernel
and with a ATI 3D Rage Pro adapter. It is possible to view TV/Video on this
adapter( I did it with NT, long time ago ). On linux, the video cam is hooked
to the adapter and I can watch video too. Now, I would like to setup Video
conferencing. There seem to be several video/net cams on the market. Which
of these cams are Linux friendly? I would certainly prefer good quality video.

Any pointers and experiences appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

--

Subba Rao
subba9 at home.com
http://members.home.net/subba9/

GPG public key ID 27FC9217
Key fingerprint = 2B4C 498E 1860 5A2B 6570  5852 7527 882A 27FC 9217