[techtalk] Sorta OT, but still Linux related: Consulting

Kath ranger at optonline.net
Wed Jan 31 20:04:06 EST 2001

This year I'll be graduating high school.  For the past year, I have been sysadmining the linux server and doing a variety of other tasks, including the website (Which includes HTML/PHP/MySQL).

Now that I'm gonna be gone, should I ask to be compensated for continuing the maintence on the server and site and any other future servers they might want?  What would be a fair rate to charge?  Should it be a salary or per hour deal?

Thanks,
Kath