[techtalk] Linux - Windows System

rottie at pandora.be rottie at pandora.be
Wed Feb 28 00:45:47 EST 2001

Hi,

I've been using linux for 1.5 years now and it has completely replaced my
windows desktop.. but..
after 1.5 years i'm really anxious to play Baldors Gate again (and
discworld noir, and heroes of m&m, ...)
and since I'm doing a major upgrade (P200MMX->AMD A-900) anyway I'm
thinking of installing W2K as well..

So my question is what's the best tactic ?

- with dual boot (on a second HD) but i don't like rebooting a lot
- use vmwarez (wont this be too slow for games?)
- use wine (is that suitable for gaming purposes? or also too slow?)
Using a second pc is silly becoz i only need windows for gaming purposes.

Second question : Has anybody got experience with the Guillemot/Hercules
Cougar Video Edition card? This is a 2D/3D video card which also includes
a s/video IN to watch tv on the pc.. I know that the video part is
supported on linux but i was wondering about the tv input part..

Thanks,
Liese..