[techtalk] merlin ricochet on linux questions

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Mon Feb 26 20:34:34 EST 2001

Hi,

	I can't seem to get this thing working on Linux.  I tried coming
through kppp on both RH 6.2 and Mandrake 7.2.  I get the thing to dial
but the log claims it is working at some insane speed of 460800 or so.
I have tried PAP, CHAP, terminal and script authentication and none seem
to take.

I also don't know a lot about ppp under linux generally.  Do I need to
have network stopped before the pppd takes off?  Or do I need to have it
up except that sysconfig/network points to ppp0 instead of eth0?

I'm sure somebody out there is doing this from a laptop so please let me
know what works for you.

thanks!

- samantha