[techtalk] arrgs! routing issues - who's fault?

Walt pippin at fred.net
Wed Feb 21 14:29:05 EST 2001

Hi

I need help with this... I recently was assigned a
static IP by my cable modem ISP. However,
shortly thereafter I was no longer able to ping
a very few internet addresses that are on their
network. i.e. other IPs on the 24.137.x.x network.

Some of them are my biggest customers and
need to be able to access files on my server, but
the ISP says it's my routing issue even though I
have no trouble pinging other internet addresses.

I don't even know what info is necessary to
determine the problem. Can anyone help? What
information do I need to try to troubleshoot it?

Thanks!
Dennis

-~

     It is often easier to fight for principles than to live up
     to them.
                         Adlai Stevenson