[techtalk] Re: TeX Resources?

Bek Oberin gossamer at tertius.net.au
Sun Feb 18 11:32:41 EST 2001

Eric R. Turner wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Bek Oberin wrote:
> > Rick Scott wrote:
> > > Hoping to be able to complete reports and the like using vi instead
> > > of some $DIETY-forsaken word processing software, I've just taken the
> > > dive into learning TeX.  (Debugging your philosophy paper is a novel
> > > experience...!)
> > Any particular reason yyou chose TeX instead of LaTeX?  I
> > recommend the latter ... there is a book I have but it's in the
> > other room.  Damm not having bookshelves in the puter room!  It's
> > THE book, the only one everybody alwaays talks about for LaTeX
> > and it's pretty cool.
> I use Leslie Lampourt's book, "LaTeX: A Document Preparation System". He

Bingo.  That's the one I was thinking of.

Although I mostly learned LaTeX from looking at other peoples'
documents, like how I learned HTML.  It's easier to copy and
change.  Can you get hold of some good stuff to look at?

bekj
--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer at tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/