[techtalk] TeX Resources?

Rick Scott riscott at eagle.auc.on.ca
Sat Feb 17 08:24:33 EST 2001

Hi all,

Hoping to be able to complete reports and the like using vi instead
of some $DIETY-forsaken word processing software, I've just taken the
dive into learning TeX.  (Debugging your philosophy paper is a novel
experience...!)

I've read a few online HOWTO-type documents, but now I'm looking at
perhaps picking up a more-or-less comprehensive dead-tree reference.
Has anyone read the TeXBook or other TeX guides?  What would you
recommend?

Thanks,
Rick
--
Mike:  I swear, you must think you're some kind of god.
Pitr:  God, root, what is difference?