[techtalk] Open Source Projects

Karl-Heinz Zimmer khz at snafu.de
Fri Feb 16 20:30:47 EST 2001

On Fre, 16 Feb 2001 A Kozic wrote:
=2E.
> But I was thinking, I'd much rather code at home in sweats for free
> than get dressed up, drive somewhere in the car I don't have, and
> code for money. So, Open Source.
>
> Any advice for a Linux/GNU newbie, with good C++/Java skills and
> some time on her hands?

Hi Alison,

you might want to have a look at the Qt toolkit: since you are planning
to do Free Software it won't cost you a dime, see the information
on license and technic published here:

      http://doc.trolltech.com/

and feel free to meet me and a lot of other enthusiasts on the Qt-interes=
mailing list, see

      http://qt-interest.trolltech.com/

Hope you will love Qt as much as I do!  :-)

It will enable you to join the highly motivated community of KDE hackers,
please see yourself:

      http://developer.kde.org/

Karl-Heinz
--=20