[techtalk] Delay with anon FTP Mandrake 7.2

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Thu Feb 15 02:31:20 EST 2001

one more thing to add ... if this is on your local network for which you
do not have a dns server setup for, on the ftp hosting machine .. edit
your /etc/hosts file and add an entry for each ip on your local network
and give them a name.  this will eliminate the dns check most ftp software
does and save you 10-20s :).

coldie