[techtalk] setting up Apache

ktb x.y.f at home.com
Sun Feb 11 10:16:57 EST 2001

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 09:03:12AM -0600, WolfRyder wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> My new job is so much fun! I'm the new Webmaster where I work and have
> slowly learning my way around my new job. I know the  server is a UNIX
> system, but my husband assures me it's enough like Linux to be almost
> twins, so I'm not so intimidated by it. What I'm asking is, does anyone
> know a good irc channel or mailing list for Unix newbies to ask questions
> without feeling totally stupid?
>
> I'm going to migrate the webpages from a Netscape Enterprise system that is
> no longer supported by Netscape (or anyone else) to Apache and I'd like
> someone/someones who would be willing to give moral support and some
> technical support if necessary.
>
> If I could get away with changing the system to a Linux one I
> would...that's down the road. I DO have a project involving Linux, php,
> MySql and shopping cart software that I'm perking in my head. If anyone has
> had experience with opensource shopping cart software, I'd appreciate
> hearing about it.

Well there is this list.  You can also look though the various
archives of the different email lists of the programs your looking at.
http://www.geocrawler.com/ might be a good source for you.  You might
want to set up a linux box as you describe at home or at work and play
with it.  Join the email list of the distro your using and ask there.
I've found most Linux email lists to be friendly.  No need to feel
stupid.
Just some thoughts.
kent

--