[techtalk] problem on mount possible DNS issue??

Kristin Ziel zoop at sound.scc.net
Wed Feb 7 15:59:18 EST 2001

Jeff--

I don't want this to come across as argumentative, so please do not take
it that way......

I would never have thought that DNS had anything to do with mount
either...  this is the page that I came across and got that information .
Perhaps the guy that wrote this wasn't clear on what the issue exactly was
either?

(see the "Found the Culprit!" section)
http://www.linuxcentral.com/linux/lg/issue43/tag/4.html

The device seems to work fine.....(could fdisk and mke2fs) and having
tried to mount different partitions, on two different drives (one of the
drives has the base filesystem / on it, just on a different partition...)
with the same results ( hangs at mount() ) leads me to believe that it is
not the drive ...

Kristin