[techtalk] Re; A+ Certification

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sun Feb 4 16:28:26 EST 2001

Actually the A+ cert. is a good reflection of what a PC mechanic needs to
know. I know 'cause I have it. There are no trivial questions. See
http://www.comptia.org/certification/aplus/aplus_revision.htm for the latest
information.

As it is a multiple-choice test, it is not as rigorous as a hands-on exam,
but you have to know your stuff, you can't guess the right answers. The best
self-study exam prep is Mike Meyers' A+ Certification Exam Guide.  In fact I
recommend it as a good all-around how-to book.

Some employers value it, some don't. Either way it is a meaningful
certification, you have to understand PCs very well to pass it.
Carla Schroder
Ace PC Goddess
www.bratgrrl.com
Plain English spoken here