[techtalk] ipchains

Anthony Russello arussello at quickclic.net
Sun Feb 4 11:40:52 EST 2001

Hi there.

I'm having a little trouble understanding the ipchains ruleset.  I've read
over a few how-tos, but haven't quite mastered it.

If I had a program that needed TCP port 510 and UDP port 810, how would I
go about setting that up to run through ipchains?

If someone knows a comprehensive how-to,  I'll accept that instead of an
explanation.  I just need to figure out these rulesets.

I'm actually migrating from an NT4 server as a proxy/file server, and
though I knew the rulesets for my firewall/proxy on that machine, I have
no idea about these ipchains rulesets.

Thanks

There's plenty of semicolons to go around