[techtalk] Re: disappearing mouse

rottie at pandora.be rottie at pandora.be
Sat Feb 3 14:33:25 EST 2001

Hi,

This is not really an elegant solution but why don't you take a backup of
your XF86Config file and then run sax to configure your mouse. It will
create a new config file and you can compare the settings it uses with
your old config file.
I'm not really fond of sax (always seems to screw up my configuration of
the video) but in this case it could point you in the right direction..

Also, do you have a ps/2 or serial mouse and which type is it?
And what line have you got in XF86Config concerning this mouse?
If you quote it, maybe we can see what's wrong..

One last remark, in my system the XF86Config file (and its backups) is
located in /etc, which seems the only logical location to me.. I don't
know about RedHat though, it does not always follow standards..

Thx..
Liese..