[Techtalk] What I did over the Christmas Holidays!

misfit at ieg.com.br misfit at ieg.com.br
Sat Dec 29 16:56:42 EST 2001

Hi.

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 10:31:13PM -0800, you wrote:
>1.	I think that there is a conflict with the sound card and >another
>device.  How do I check?  In windows, I would use the device >manager
>control panel.

lspci should list your IRQs I guess?

>3.	What is the Slackware way of installing a printer?

Slackware comes with a utility called apsfilter, it's a script that makes configuring
a printer very easily. You may need additional packages (pnm2ppa if I recall)
if your printer is a winprinter.

It is located at /usr/lib/apsfilter/SETUP. Give it a try. There are other utilities
like Turboprint (http://www.turboprint.de), but I never used it.

About mail, I would not recommend Balsa. KMail is pretty complete, it is my
choice, also there is Evolution for Gnome that is the closest to Outlook you
will get in Linux.

About the computer shutting off, you will have to set it on the kernel. Then
'init 0'...

HIH a little and excuse my english,

Mi.
--