[Techtalk] Securing Bugzilla (possibly OT)

Akkana akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Dec 19 15:02:06 EST 2001

mia at miaridge.com writes:
> I've been assigned the task of setting up and administering Bugzilla for
> my company.
[ ... ]
> Is there a way to set up Bugzilla so that you need to log in to view bugs
> or get anywhere past the first screen, or should I use something like
> Basic Authentication and .htaccess.

I don't know that much about bugzilla internals, but Mozilla's bug
system, bugzilla.mozilla.org, has a "confidential" flag to mark certain
bugs as being readable only by certain people.  If no one here has
firsthand experience in setting it up, you can probably find
someone who knows the details in the newsgroup
netscape.public.mozilla.webtools (nntp server news.mozilla.org),
gatewayed to the mailing list mozilla-webtools at mozilla.org.

	...Akkana