[Techtalk] LI -- and other issues...

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Sat Dec 8 18:24:10 EST 2001

At 12/8/01 01:44 PM , Walt wrote:
>Currently I'm booting from a floppy, so I have
>access to the system. However, it doesn't seem
>to matter which drive I put lilo on, the system still
>will do nothing but bootup as:
>
>LI
>
>or a blank screen.

Have you re-run lilo after updating lilo.conf? You need to run lilo, from
the command line, with no arguments, so that it can update the map in the
bootloader. Otherwise, you do tend to get just "LI".

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"The seasons don't fear the reaper,
  Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain.
  We can be like they are."