[Techtalk] adding a Config option

Rajiv Saxena raj_linux at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 15:48:48 EST 2001

I am trying to compile and build a kernel from the
scratch.I want to add an item to the kernel
configuration list.
I did add a line to the linux/arch/mips/config.in
file.But when I do a "make menuconfig" and select the
option under which my item exists,the program exits
with the following error:

Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of
the kernel's
configuration files and is unable to continue.  Here
is the error
report:

 Q> scripts/Menuconfig: MCmenu2: command not found

--snip--

Do I need to make some other change?

Rajiv