[Techtalk] Re: Sndconfig

Raena Lea-Shannon raen7 at ihug.com.au
Sun Aug 26 03:01:01 EST 2001

I am using RH 7.1 in dual boot. I have GNOME and KDE. I found that
without having to config sndconfig I had ZCD going OK and when KDE
booted it made an intro sound. But since then the CD Player is
intermittent and I have not KDE intro sound. I can hear Real Player
files fine. Real Player is working v well with Netscape in fact.

I tried to open sndconfig but the terminal response is no such file. In
the KDE File Viewer sndocnfig is there in USR/SBIN but it is in italic.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get sndconfig working? Should I
reinstall it from the CD using RPM?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Raena