[Techtalk] Perl Sockets Communication

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Wed Aug 22 19:38:21 EST 2001

At 8/22/01 03:14 PM , Sean McAfee wrote:
>I haven't done a thorough test of your program, but here you're accepting a
>new connection on the handle 'Client', but referring to it in the body of
>the loop as 'CLIENT'.  Perl is case-sensitive, so these are different
>handles.

Ouchy! Thanks for catching that for me. They say with enough eyes, all bugs
are shallow -- I think that bug just needed some eyes that weren't already
bleary.

It seems to work now... hooray! (I.e., the skeletal functionality that's
been written performs as expected, and I figure building out the rest of it
should be no problem.) Thanks, Sean.

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"I think that somehow/Somewhere inside of us,
  We must be similar/If not the same."
                                                 --Suzanne Vega,
                                                  "Left of Center"