[Techtalk] Perl Sockets Communication

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Mon Aug 20 15:37:05 EST 2001

I'm trying to write a pair of Perl programs, one to run as a CGI script
from a Web server, and the other to run as a daemon process. I'd like them
to communicate via a local Unix socket. I'm essentially following the
recipe in the Camel Book, page 353. From the logging I've been able to
perform, it seems that the client script connects to the daemon, but no
information is passed through the socket.

Can anyone help? I can post code if desired.

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"I looked Death in the face last night,/I saw him in a mirror,
  And he simply smiled,/He told me not to worry:
  He told me just to take my time."
                                                 --Oingo Boingo,
                                                  "We Close Our Eyes"