[Techtalk] List issue...user unknown

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Thu Aug 9 08:26:48 EST 2001

Mary Gardiner wrote:

Thanks, Mary. I've passed your mail on to my local DNS expert (aka:
Dancer). He'll doubtless use it as a tutorial on MX records for me,
as well as fixing it. :)

(NOT that I mind getting new info)

> The A record for linuxchix.org DNS points to:
> 203.7.155.11
> which reverse resolves to
> gw.simegen.com
>
> which would be Jenn's machine. Fine so far.

Correct.

> However, the MX (mail exchange - the hosts designated to handle linuxchix.org
> mail) record is:

That'll be the problem point. Thanks.

Please expect a few hours turnaround time for the cleanup, people,
as Dancer's still asleep and it was going to be a busy day anyway.
Mail to (listaddress)@linuxchix.simegen.com will work, and we'll
get the MX records problem straightened out.

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/