[techtalk] 2.4.2 kernel dodgy? and double messages

Akkana akkana at shallowsky.com
Sat Aug 4 15:56:35 EST 2001

Jeff Dike writes:
> You might try upgrading to a newer kernel.  RH6.2 has 2.4.2, and the early
> 2.4 kernels were a bit dodgy.

Where's a good source for learning which kernels are considered
stable and what problems one might encounter which a particular
version?  (I thought 2.4.2 was supposed to be pretty solid, so I've
been running it now on all my machines.)

Incidentally, am I the only one who's suddenly getting two copies
of many techtalk messages?  It's not a matter of going to both the
old and new lists.  Here are the part of the headers which differ
between the two copies I received of a recent message:

The first copy:
          by femail38.sdc1.sfba.home.com
          (InterMail vM.4.01.03.20 201-229-121-120-20010223) with ESMTP
          id <20010804200753.NHPE27925.femail38.sdc1.sfba.home.com@[192.168.0.42
]>
          for <techtalk at linuxchix.org>; Sat, 4 Aug 2001 13:07:53 -0700

The second copy: