[techtalk] Re: Write down while you are modifying the system... (was: [techtalk] New here)

Mary Gardiner linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Apr 30 22:03:02 EST 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 08:02:16PM +1000, jenn at simegen.com wrote:
> Mary Gardiner wrote:
>

> > 2) I don't share my private work with others much, so I don't need to revision
> > track so carefully.
>
> Nah.. but CVS acts as a bloody useful backup as well. :)

Yeah.

btw can anyone give me a run down on this situation:

X outside project (say an open source project) has a cvs tree. I want to be able
to import their CVS tree, whilst at the same time maintaining my own tree, probably
minor, of changes, and resyncing every so often.

Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner
<mary at puzzling.org>