[techtalk] Audio tape to CD

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Sun Apr 29 00:27:44 EST 2001

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 06:08:25PM -0500 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
WolfRyder thought:
> Hey Subba,
>
> Record them as either MP3s or .wavs. If you record them as .wavs, when you
> record them to CD you can use them on any CD Player that plays music CDs.
> MP3s will require a player program that can translate them Like MusicMatch,
> which I understand has come out with a Linux version.
>
> Carol
>
> At 06:33 PM 4/28/01 +0000, Subba Rao wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have a CD burner on a linux system. I use the cdrecord tools to backup
> >mainly
> >data. There are several audio tapes that I would like to burn them on to CD
> >and listen to them through the CD player.
> >
> >Has anyone transferred music from audio tapes or the old records, to some
> >audio format which we can listen from the CD? I have several old records too
> >which I would like to see them on the CDROM (that reminds me how old I
> >am..:-)).

Of course, what would be nice is a proggie that will split a continuous
recording in tracks using the silences between tracks.  Last time I tried
this was under 'doze with Adaptec's Spin Doctor from the Easy CD Creator
suite.  I kinda think there's something that will do that in linux but
I've not had a need for it since.

Conor.

Domestic Sysadmin :-)
Faenor.cod.ie
 12:22am  up 13 days, 10:36,  0 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.06
Hobbiton.cod.ie
 12:21am  up 60 days,  9:59,  3 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.13, 0.04