[techtalk] New here

Sandrine Burriel Laerianthe at girlgeekmail.com
Sun Apr 29 03:49:29 EST 2001

Hi everyone !

Since I'm new on this mailing list, I thought I'd better introduce
myself...

I'm a 23 yr old French chick ;-) currently an engineering student
and majoring in computer science, also taking a Bachelor's degree
in English for fun. My interests are :
- reading
- listening to music (gothic, asian and celtic being my favorites)

- growing plants (only legal ones) and giving them geek names
(Java, C++, Solaris, Prolog...)
- programming
- British History and literature
- foreign languages (after all, it's just like a programming
language :-D )
- roleplaying
- movies
- travelling
- volunteering (member of a social association and of a humanitarian
association financing educational development in Vietnam)
- so many other things it would be too long to speak of...

I'm also a part time webmaster for the SEE (French equivalent
of the IEEE...), using linux occasionnally (because I'm mostly
required to work on windows...) but willing to learn.  I'm supposed
to trade my old Mandrake 7.1 this week for a slackware or deb,
still not sure... If you want to give me some advice, feel free
to do so !

See ya.

Sandrine