[techtalk] Quick HTML/Server Question

WolfRyder wolfryder at uswest.net
Sat Apr 28 07:04:24 EST 2001

No, just straight code doesn't affect the server nor does it cause errors.
If a page is poorly written it either won't display or  in the case of the
proprietary thingies (strictly IE or Netscape) either one or the other
browser won't work. These cause browser errors, not server errors. If
there's JAVA or a poorly written/proprietary javascript or applet, then
these often cause browser errors. HTML is strictly for display. HTML gets
pushed out to the client and can only cause client errors.

NOW, if it's an apache server and it's been setup to be parced by the
server 1st before being pushed to the client, it's possible if there's a
script/exe in the code, yes, but never raw HTML.

Carol