[techtalk] Fix for "Can't SCP from behind a firewall"

Raven, amateur historian damask0 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 12:54:03 EST 2001

Heya --

Quoth Marisa:
> Alternatively, i think you can put something like:
>
> Host *
> UsePrivilegedPort No
>
> in the config file in your .ssh directory. I could be way off-base,
> it's still pretty early for me.

     I believe that that will cause ssh to use a non-priviliged port
(the -P option for ssh will do the same thing), but scp still tries to
use the priviliged port for its transfers.  (At least, that was our
experience with OpenSSH.)

Cheers,
Raven

=====
"I've been raising up my hands,
 Drive another nail in.
 Where are those angels when you need them?"
 -- Tori Amos, "Crucify"