[techtalk] FastTrak100 rant

Brian Sweeney bsweeney at physics.ucsb.edu
Thu Apr 26 09:00:48 EST 2001

As the subject implies, this isn't so much a question as a general
frustration rant.

****BEGIN RANT****
ARG!

Promise claims to have all this great linux support for their stuff.  But
I've got a FastTrak100 ide RAID card that might as well be a paperweight for
my RH7.1 (yeah, I know it's broken ;that's a seperate issue).  More
specifically, they won't release the source and only have compiled modules
for 2.2 (I've tried; they just don't work in 2.4).

ARG!

Well, software RAID it is then.  So glad they put the RAID options at
install time; makes boot raids so much easier than in 5.x.
****END RANT****

-Brian