[techtalk] pine and virtual domains

Akkana akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Apr 25 12:24:52 EST 2001

James A. Sutherland writes:
> If procmail is already installed and he has a proper shell account on
> the server (which is the impression I get), he should be able to set
> it up himself - so I don't think there are really any security issues
> you could raise. I suggest you tell him "Yes, you can have a procmail
> script, but you'll have to set it up yourself" - after all, this is

I have to agree with James.  Procmail is remarkably easy to set up
-- I just started using it relatively recently, and a few google
searches got me some wonderful pages with lots of cookbook recipes to
get me started, in particular the Infinite Ink Procmail Quick Start,
http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/
Further searching got me lots of suggestions on how to set up
more complicated procmail filters, like spam filters (I ended up
adapting the "spast" system").

I'd say point your user at the procmail quickstart and invite him
to do whatever mail filtering he wants to do.

--
	...Akkana       http://www.shallowsky.com