[techtalk] Backup strategy

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Tue Apr 24 18:12:30 EST 2001

RE: [techtalk] Backup strategyThanks!  It occurs to me that one of my problems may be that device is just not installed properly. Is there some place I can go to find out more about installing SCSI tape devices?

It just seems strange that tar works a little bit and then dies.  I mean, if it didn't work at all then I'd assume I need to reconfigure (or there's a hardware problem).  But it starts working then stops.  This could still be a configuration or hardware problem, but maybe not so easy ...

One thing that would be great is some sort of SCSI diagnostic tool.

Thanks!

Jen