[techtalk] linuxconf

Charl Pretorius shaqiel at vukanet.co.za
Wed Apr 18 06:27:56 EST 2001

Megan,

Rather use wvdial to configure your ppp connection, But if you do want to use
linuxconf you will probably have to write some sort of chat script.
Personnally I would use wvdial.

as root do:

# wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf     (this to configure)
# wvdial                                  (this to dial)

Is as easy as that

Hope this helps.

On Wednesday 18 April 2001 05:51, Megan McGuire wrote:

> > Can anyone help me get linuxconf working? it tries
> it starts...
>
> Executing: /sbin/ifup ppp0
>     t* the command take more then 15 seconds to execute. odd
>
> then I get a box asking if I want to kill the process.... I never hear it
> dial or anything.
>
> anyone got some ideas?
>
> thx,
> Megan