[techtalk] Almost arrested for using telnet

wny-tc at juno.com wny-tc at juno.com
Wed Apr 11 13:48:20 EST 2001

Hi Tami.  Keith here in the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamps.

Being able to use a floppy in a public-access computer would be all but
impossible up here in my neighborhood.  The local county library system
requires that one buy a "clean" floppy from the desk to download anything
to disk.  The price is not bad for the improved security on the system...

I use the public-access computers in my travels to read (and send) my
mail via Juno's remote mail access site.  Many of the public-access
terminals do not even have a floppy drive that's accessible to the
general public.

As for your anonymous "Publik Serpent", in all of the states that I work
in such a scumbag would be required to show ID on request (or demand) to
any "client" he was interacting with.  Sorry that this was not the case
in your encounter.  I like to find names and phone #'s on such creatures.
 I then submit said info for pre-approved credit cards, magazine
subscriptions and the like, or paint them on bridges...

73, Wm. Keith Hibbert, WB2VUO, Technical  Coordinator, WNY Section, ARRL
ARRL Life Member, President/Brockport Amateur Radio Klub
Ph - 716.494.1239
mailto:wb2vuo at arrl.net
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.