[techtalk] Almost arrested for using telnet

Kathryn Hogg kjh at flyballdogs.com
Tue Apr 10 21:18:26 EST 2001

Mary E. Mulderrig said:
> It is offensive to me.  It seems homophobic.
> -Mary.
>

> > This is in your recognition of your efforts to be a person that increases
> > the level of faggotry and lameness on this planet!

I'm not sure of the meaning in this case but I suspect that the word faggotry
has a different meaning in the UK.  My dad learned quite quickly that asking
someone if he could "bum a fag" wasn't interepreted as "borrow a cigarette"
when we first moved to the US.

However, it was indeed intended as euphenism for gay, then I agree
wholeheartedly.

--
Kathryn Hogg