[techtalk] How about SGML editors? (was: Any good HTML editors for Linux?)

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Thu Apr 5 11:42:26 EST 2001

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 09:18:30AM +1000 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
jenn at simegen.com thought:
> jennyw wrote:
>
> And on my new topic:
> Along the same lines, anyone know of a good SGML (pref Docbook, but
> any SGML editor)? For any platform?
>
> What I MOST need is the ability to edit stylesheets without having
> to hack the nwalsh DSSSL lisp-like stuff. The ability to edit the
> stylesheets in less than a day/week/month's serious hacking... :)
>
> I want to use some sort of context formatting for my tech writing -
> which will range from the usual programmers-stuff which Docbook is
> terrific for as it stands, to stuff for managers which needs to (for
> instance) NOT have section numbering.
>
> So I want to be able to edit multiple style sets. Have the standard
> Docbook style set for programmers-stuff, have a variant for user
> tutorials, another for user manuals, another for business proposals...
>
> Advice? Help? Tea?

LyX from lyx.org?

did a little in docbook with it with relative ease.  Did NOT attempt any
hacks though (no time).

Earl Grey  in your local tea shop?

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)
Faenor.cod.ie
 12:24pm  up 36 days, 21:59,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Hobbiton.cod.ie
 11:39am  up 36 days, 20:49,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00